This sweet lady is Mary Hardee. I had the pleasure of being her visiting teacher for over a year. I think she should write an autobiography because she has some amazing stories! This month is a special month for Mary. Not only will she be celebrating her 88th birthday on the 22nd, she also celebrated her 69th Wedding Anniversary on Sept. 1st. Wow! Mary has gone through a lot in her 88 years. When she was 15 months old, she contracted Polio. Her doctors told her mom that she would never be able to walk. She did end up loosing all use of her right quadracep muscle, but Heavenly Father blessed Mary and her body figured out how to walk without that muscle. This is only a small, small peice of her extraordinary life. If you don't know this special woman, you need to meet her!
I am going to try to do a different Sister Spotlight every week. So don't be suprised when I show up at your door with my camera!
SAY CHEESE!!!



8 comments:
Glad to get some info about Sister Hardee. What a sweet lady!
Nice posting woman! Will you email me your blog again? I'm so forgetful! saranade70 at yahoo dot com.
Go Grandma! She is a very neat, sweet lady.
I had no idea. It's great to get to know her better.
What a beautiful photo of a beautiful lady!
Post a Comment